There is 3 main modes of transmission for the virus causing (COVID-19) disease:
The virus causing the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is mainly transmitted through:
- Directly: through respiratory droplets of infected people, or by contact with contaminated objects and surfaces
Close Contact is defined as:
- Health care associated exposure, including providing direct care for COVID-19 patients, working with HCWs infected with COVID-19, visiting patients or staying in the same close environment of a COVID-19 patient.
- Working together in close proximity or sharing the same classroom environment a with COVID-19 patient.
- Traveling together with COVID-19 patient in any kind of transportation.
- Living in the same household as a COVID-19 patient.
A Confirmed COVID-19 case is defined as:
A confirmed case is defined as a suspected case with laboratory confirmation of COVID-19 infection.