Be Clear on Cloth mask!
When to wear cloth mask?
Whenever you are going out.
How your cloth mask should be?
- It should be snugly but comfortably against the sides of the face.
- Could be secured with a string that goes around your ears
- Multi layered but still allows you to breath easily
- Must be washable and reusable without causing any damage or change to its shape.
Types of fabrics to use for cloth mask:
- Preferably cotton
- Avoid lightweight fabrics e.g. Chiffon, or linen etc.
How to clean your cloth mask ?
A machine wash using water and a mild detergent, then letting it dry completely in a hot dryer, and
stored in a clean container or bag is sufficient.
May not be worn by:
- Young children under age 2
- Anyone who is unconscious, or has trouble breathing, or disabilities or otherwise unable to remove the mask by themselves.
How to remove your cloth mask?
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth when removing it and wash your hands immediately afterwards.
Misuses of cloth mask:
Sharing your cloth mask with others and not cleaning it very often will make it a source of infection.